Scenario Exploration System Workshops
Global issues require leaders with the ability to be drivers for positive change, to lead and inspire others to think and behave more responsibly. To achieve this, we need forward thinking leaders with a specific portfolio of skills to help society to take action towards a more sustainable future. In this regard, gamified curricula and training hold the potential to develop such skills in a much more engaging, impactful and effective way.
The Scenario Exploration System (SES) is a serious gaming platform developed to facilitate the application of foresight in practice. It originally aimed at engaging EU policy makers with foresight and scenarios in a quick process. Specifically, it was designed to help participants, in less than 3 hours, to engage in systemic thinking with a long-term perspective and to explore alternative futures for specific issues. Through an interactive and participatory process, the game enables participants to acquire and share knowledge on sustainable development and explore the interests, motivations and strategies of different societal actors.
Having developed its own version, ABIS now offers the opportunity to co-design workshops with interested parties and to use the Scenario Exploration System as part of teaching modules, training activities and relevant events.
Download the ABIS Scenario Exploration System Report to find out more!
Resources for further understanding
- A Game for all Seasons: Lessons and Learnings from the JRC's Scenario Exploration System research paper
- The JRC Scenario Exploration System - From Study to Serious Game research paper
- Scenario Exploration System – official European Commission´s website
- Scenario Exploration System – an overview
- Recording from the “Exploring sustainable futures with serious gaming” event on 23.03.21: From foresight to a serious game
- Recording from the “Exploring sustainable futures with serious gaming” event on 23.03.21: Different versions and applications
Our past workshops:
- 28.04.2021 SES session at the ABIS Knowledge Into Action Festival
- 26.02.2021 Launch of the SES Digital version with JE Europe during their Winter Conference (14 junior entrepreneurs)
- 26.02.2020 with Kent Business School (12 students)
- 17.02.2020 with Henley Business School (40 students)
- 22.10.2019 with Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino
- 17.10.2019 at University of Westminster and Westminster Business Consultants
- 26. - 28.07.2019 JEE Europe Summer Conference workshop (50 students)
- 23.05.2019 University of Westminster and Westminster Business Consultants
- 08.03.2019 Jade Spring Conference workshop (50 students)
- 12.02.2019 Brussels- Kent Business School study tour (12 students)
- 9.1.2019 at Cranfield School of Management (55 students)
Contact our Knowledge Manager Karolina Sobczak at email@example.com for any questions and to schedule a date for 2021 - 2022.