Mentoring Programme for Early Stage Researchers
We are delighted to share a newly developed ABIS Mentoring Programme pilot which aims to strengthen the learning and development for Early Stage Researchers and creating supportive connections that are necessary in order to contribute to address today´s environmental and social challenges and contribute to the sustainable transformation.
Many Early Stage Researchers today are looking to find their ways developing their careers while also contributing to address today’s challenges and making a positive impact. At ABIS, we have hosted many young and talented researchers at events and conferences, and having been involved in many MSCA International Training Networks, we perceive how in need they are of both personal and professional support to flourish in their careers and take part in the sustainability transformation. The need for supportive connections has been exacerbated by the Covid pandemic, while learning and development of researchers and faculty has been identified as a underdeveloped area in increasing business schools’ impact and change agency.
The ABIS Mentoring programme aims to empower young academics active in the sustainability field, helping them reach their full potential in professional and personal development. Our aim is to make a significant contribution to equipping leaders with the skills and capabilities to advance the role of business in society and allow people and planet to prosper. The core of the programme is a set of 6-8 one-hour mentoring sessions to early-stage researchers in sustainability, helping them progress in their careers and make an impact on society. The programme also includes regular workshops and online calls organized by ABIS.
The pilot will take place from October 2021 to June 2022.
Call for Mentors
We are currently inviting expressions of interest from highly experienced academics to act like mentors to early stage researchers in the sustainability field, wanting to flourish in their careers and to shape a more sustainable future. The expected time investment is a total of 10-12 hours, including 6-8 hours of 1:1 mentoring sessions and participation to the kick-off and final meetings over a period of 9 months.
- want to invest in the future of a sustainability researcher, helping him/her grow and develop in their career
- want to grow as a leader alongside the mentee and gain a fresh perspective on your own career path and research
- are willing to share your expertise, wisdom and perspective with a mentee who has less experience
- are willing to engage on a voluntary base under the roof of ABIS
Call for Mentees
The ESRs will receive a total of 6-8 hours of 1:1 mentoring sessions over a period of 9 months either face to face or online, with one of our highly experienced mentors, plus workshops and support from the ABIS team.
If you are an Early Stage Researcher, or know of any, who:
- are PhD students enrolled in a business school
- engaged in research focused on a sustainable development issue
- are looking for guidance on how to advance their career in sustainability
- want a different perspective on how to tackle work-related issues
- want to develop their network and confidence
- are ready to step up their personal and professional growth
We would be delighted to support you and have you on board !
Tentative agenda and deadlines:
- Call for mentors: until September 15
- Call for mentees: until September 15
- Match-making event: October 1st, 2021 (tentative)
- Kick-off meeting: October 15th, 2021 (tentative)
- Mentoring sessions: October 2021 - June 2022
- Workshops: between December 2021 - May 2022
- Celebration event: June 2022