ABIS’ governance model is designed to allow member participation at all stages of the decision making process.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors makes decisions on all matters relevant to the achievement of ABIS’ objectives, specifically the management of ABIS projects and the allocation of funding.
Board members are composed by elected representatives from business & academic partners. The management board meets in Brussels three to four times a year. Baback Yazdani, Dean at Nottingham Trent Business School is the current Chair of the ABIS Board of Directors.
- Baback Yazdani, Executive Dean, Nottingham Trent Business School
Members of the Board
- Manuela Brusoni, Associate Professor and Director of Quality Accreditation and Benchmarking, SDA Bocconi
- Joan Fontrodona, Professor and Director, Business Ethics Department, IESE
- Chris Fuggle, Global Head of Sustainability, Mazars
- Marian Garcia, Professor and Dean, Kent Business School
- Lisa Gring-Pemble, Associate Professor and Executive Director, Business for a Better World Center, George Mason University
- Adrie Heinsbroek, Chief Sustainability Officer, NN Investment Partners
- Joanna Radeke, Executive Director, FUTURE Institute for Sustainable Transformation, ESMT Berlin
- Boleslaw Rok, Professor and Director, Positive Entrepreneurship Research Lab, Kozminski University
Co-opted Members of the Board
- Kosheek Sewchurran, Associate Professor and Director of Executive MBA, Graduate School of Business, Cape Town
Led by the Managing Director, the Coordination Office is responsible for all executive functions of ABIS and the co-ordination of its activities.
ABIS Advisory Board is set up by senior figures from its Founding Partner and partner institutions, external advisors. Doug Baillie, Chief HR Officer, Unilever is Chair-designate of the Advisory Board.
The General assembly is composed by one representative of each member (academic & corporate). They gather together once a year, normally during ABIS annual Colloquium, to decide on the overall objectives of the Academy.
The appointed auditor is charged with oversight of financial reporting and disclosure working closely together with external auditors. The Audit Committee is also responsible for regulatory compliance and risk management.
Membership & Governance Charter
Download the Membership & Governance Charter here.