ABIS Thought Leadership Round Table - Sustainable Portfolio Management: Video
ABIS convened a Thought Leadership Round Table on 16 June 2014 on the theme of sustainable portfolio management. Hosted by Solvay, this round table brought together an exclusive group of sustainability champions from the industry, civil society and academia.
Participants were invited to explore Solvay’s methodology through a case study based on a new bio-based process producing epichlorohydrin developed a few years ago. Epicerol is an innovative project that serves as an example when it comes to integrating environmental concerns into the strategic decision making processes. This integration is achieved through The Sustainable Portfolio Management (SPM) methodology, which is today’s Group standard for sustainability assessments of its business portfolio. The SPM tool is aimed at visualising the risks and opportunities associated with the sustainability megatrends so that appropriate strategic decisions can be taken to balance the portfolio on the sustainable perspective, this being along two main axes:
· The financial risks and opportunities linked to the environmental footprint of its manufacturing activities;
· The opportunities and risks from a market perspective, by materialising the extent to which customers and/or consumers acknowledge that a given product is eventually part of the solution they are seeking in order to address their own environmental concerns.
Among the key speakers and panelists at the event were:
· Jan Noterdaeme, Senior Adviser on External Relations, CSR Europe (Moderator)
· Prof. Kevin Jackson, Daniel Janssen Chair, Solvay Business School
· Dominique Debecker, Sustainable Portfolio Management Officer, Solvay
· Charlotte Bande, Research Assistant Solvay Business School
Watch the video here!
Members receive exclusive access to view the full discussion on video here
To get involved in these discussions, please contact ABIS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Thought Leadership Round Tables here