Responsible Investing Summer Course NN Investment Partners
We have collaborated with our member NN Investment Partners to offer a global digital Responsible Investing Summer Course to investment professionals.
A total of nine academic scholars from leading universities and business schools all around the world will be giving virtual one-hour lectures on sustainability, behavioural psychology and sustainable finance. Within these subject areas, the lectures will have a particular emphasis on the impact of COVID-19 on the government, corporate and individual behaviour. The Summer Course aims at understanding the COVID-19 impact on the macroeconomic and social levels combined with the shift to where responsible investing becomes the new normal.
There are various takeaways that are desired to be garnered from the lectures in relation to these stakeholders, and some of the questions aiming to be discussed are:
- What policy responses are likely to make certain sectors of society more sustainable?
- How the shift from a shareholder to stakeholder model affects corporate performance and the types of operations it conducts?
- How will consumer behaviour change in the 1.5m society?
All lectures are virtual and highly interactive taking place between 29 July and 22 September 2020. The whole programme and registration can be made at the official NNIP eventpage here.
Our speakers are based in 8 countries from leading universities and business schools: University of Warwick, Turku School of Economics at the University of Turku, University of Hamburg, London Business School, Yale University, National University of Singapore and more.
The whole programme:
- 29 July 16:30 CET Responsible Investing: The New Normal with Alex Edmans, London Business School
- 5 August 16:00 CET The 2020 Consumer with Emma Macdonald, University of Warwic
- 12 August 15:00 CET Change agency for a sustainable future with Satu Teerikangas, Turku School of Economics
- 26 August 15:00 CET How China is stimulating the transition to a more sustainable society post Covid-19 with Cary Krosinsky, Yale University
- 3 September 15:00 CET Corporate Social Responsibility & Responsible Investing: an accelerated convergence after the crisis? with Nicolas Mottis, École Polytechnique
- 9 September 15:00 CET Moving towards transformative resilience, Enrico Giovannini, Tor Vergata University of Rome
- 17 September 10:00 CET Strong Institutions for Responsible Investing: Business Integrity in ASEAN (Spotlight on SDG16) with Lawrence Loh, National University of Singapore
- 22 September 15:00 CET Green recovery and circular economy with Fenna Blomsma, University of Hamburg
At ABIS we are constantly thinking of new ways to partner with our members and meet up with businesses to join forces in finding solutions in the area of sustainability. Our role in this project was to support NNIP in providing with knowledge capacities. ABIS approached relevant academic lecturers, prepared speakers´ and moderator´ briefings and oversaw the knowledge management support from the implementation to the execution of the event.
Send us a message should you have an interesting proposal that you would like to take forward.
To access the recordings and the summaries of the lectures, read the after-event report that we created.download document