New vacancy: Projects trainee at ABIS
Maximum duration: 6 months
Start date: Immediate
Projects Officer Profile:
ABIS is a rapidly growing not-for-profit membership organisation. Our global members are the leading corporates and business schools, influencing research, education, as well as thought leadership and business practice relating to some of the most critical issues confronting economies and societies today.
The trainee will join an international and young organisation, working with the Projects Team and supporting the two Project Managers. We are offering an opportunity to support our colleagues in a demanding yet exciting programme of activities. The trainee’s key tasks would include among others:
* Monitor the European Commission’s Participant Portal website and locate interesting calls for our members;
* Develop, along with the Communication Team, the communication to our members around the relevant European Commission’s Calls;
* Support the Projects Manager on coordinating International Research Consortia;
* Assist the Projects Manager in writing Research Proposals;
* Assist the Project Manager in the management of ongoing European and in-house projects;
* Assist the Projects Manager in the organisation of our Annual Funding Forum (28-29 April 2015);
* At the end of the traineeship, write a short report on the Projects Team’s activities, under the supervision of the Projects Manager;
* Assist colleagues in outreach and dissemination of activities for projects and key events, for instance, ABIS Annual Colloquium.
We seek someone who demonstrates:
* Excellent drafting skills in English;
* A team player;
* Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure with limited time or resources;
* Initiative, positive outlook and drive to excel;
* Attention to detail;
* A quick learner.
Essential requirements and skills:
* Your Master programme comprises of an traineeship component;
* You are a master’s student in Projects Management, European Affairs, Business Administration or related areas;
* Very good command in spoken and written English;
* Stays up-to-date with key trending topics around business, management and world news;
* Mastery of Microsoft Office programmes including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
* Experience in data analysis and synthesis.
* Knowledge of European Union’s Research and/or Education policies;
* Some knowledge of Italian or French;
* Experience in European or International Research Institutions would be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to send their CV (PDF/Word document) along with a cover letter (no longer than 500 words) explaining their suitability for this projects traineeship position at ABIS. In your cover letter, please consider the following two questions:
1. What do you expect to achieve in this 6-month traineeship?
2. What are the relevant skills and capabilities in the area of projects that you would bring to ABIS?
Please address the application letter and CV to: Izabela Cedro (mail subject: Application – Projects Traineeship). Closing date: 23rd January 2015 COB. Expected starting date: early-February. The successful candidate will be offered a convention de stage between ABIS and its university. The remuneration will be of 500€, lunch and transport will be covered. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 26 January.