Best CSR practice from the New Europe: Central and East European Case Studies released
ABIS has jointly released six unique case studies on best CSR practices from Central and Eastern European perspectives to address the need of mainstream management education and executive education in CEE countries. ABIS partnered with Kozminski University, Poland, CEU Business School, Hungary and PPV Knowledge Networks, Ukraine to make a selection of the best social performers from Central and Eastern Europe based on a specially tailored assessment tool which have recently been released for use by both global corporate players and local CEE companies and academia.
As part of the former ‘eastern bloc’ CEE provides an important area for study, because its social capital development differs so strongly from the western countries. It could help global corporate players to integrate CSR and sustainability across a global organisational culture. Case studies were prepared in co-operation with selected companies, which in itself was an educational process for these companies. The project was meant to provide companies, their future and present managers, with a better understanding of the similarities and differences between the “New Europe” and “Old Europe” in order to integrate organizational culture and to generate usable CSR knowledge.
List of the six case studies:
- Streamlining CSR: An Answer in Economic Difficulties (Telenor Hungary)
- GlaxoSmithKline: The Limits of Health Education
- Provident: How to tackle financial exclusion in Poland
- E.ON Hungary: CSR-Social Obligation or Financial Burden?
- Azovstal Seeking the Competitive Edge: Meeting the Human Resources Challenge in Traditional Ukrainian Industries
- MTS Expanding Internet Access in Ukraine: Corporate Responsibility or Business Opportunity
NOTE: The case studies are available for ABIS members on request. Please email Elena Urizar to receive copies of the six case studies.
- Find out more about the project here