Call for Papers: Special Issue on “Financial Markets and the Transition to a Low-Carbon Economy”
Topic of the Special Issue
This special issue of Organization & Environment seeks to advance an emerging field of research on the financial sector and the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The COP 21 in November 2015 in Paris has intensified the reciprocal influences between the financial world and issues around climate change. Even the 2°C threshold has been dis- cussed, and it is now acknowledged that “efforts [should be pursued] to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels” (UNFCCC, 2015). One of the main efforts con- sists in a cumulative investment of $53 trillion in energy supply and energy efficiency over the period from 2014 to 2035 (International Energy Agency, 2014). This consists not only in a shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy investments but also in much more investments in energy efficiency.
Submission Process and Deadlines
- Authors should submit their full manuscripts through ScholarOne Manuscripts by April 28, 2017, through http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/oe
- Be sure to specify in the cover letter document that the manuscript is for the special issue on “Financial Markets and the Transition to a Low-Carbon Economy.”
- Manuscripts should be prepared following the Organization & Environment author guide- lines, available at http://oae.sagepub.com/
- After an initial screening by the guest editors, all articles will be subject to double-blind peer reviewing by a minimum of two anonymous referees and editorial process in accor- dance with the policies of Organization & Environment.
- Authors who are invited to revise and resubmit their papers will be invited for a manu- script development workshop (expected date and location: Fall 2017, Paris). Acceptance for presentation at the workshop does not guarantee acceptance of the paper for publica- tion in Organization & Environment.
About the JournalOrganization & Environment is recognized as a SAGE leading international journal, unique in its emphasis on the connection between management of organizations and sustainability, in its social, environmental, and economic dimensions. It publishes quarterly peer-reviewed research. The journal is indexed by multiple databases including, among others, the Journal Citation Report, Scopus, and EconLit. Organization & Environment is now ranked in the first quartile of the “management” and “environmental studies” fields in the prestigious Journal Citation Report thanks to a 2.65 impact factor over two years.
Further Information and Guest Editors
- Céline Louche, Audencia Business School, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timo Busch, University of Hamburg, e-mail: email@example.com
- Patricia Crifo, University Paris X, Ecole Polytechnique, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alfred Marcus, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, e-mail: email@example.com
Download the full Call below.