Japan Forum of Business and Society: The 2015 International Joint Conference on “Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation”
Call for Proposals
Deadline: May 31, 2015
We are pleased to announce that The Japan Forum of Business and Society (JFBS) is going to hold the 2015 International Joint Conference at Waseda University in Tokyo, presented by JFBS, Humboldt-University Berlin International CSR Conference and CSR Asia.
JFBS is now calling for initial proposals.
Sustainable Development is defined as "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" and has been a main theme in the last two decades. Now we need a new step to promote sustainable development in the next decade. Social entrepreneurship is expected to tackle challenges for sustainable development and take the sustainability initiative. Sustainable/social innovation creates new social values through businesses which tackle social and environmental problems with a view to their resolution. To create a new innovation, we need to build and promote collaboration among social business, big business, NGO, local people, government, and academia, and to make an institutional environment to enhance new businesses.
Various issues and challenges will be discussed on the theme of "Entrepreneur and Sustainable Innovation". The conference welcomes papers on the following (but not limited to) research topics:
Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainable/Social innovation, Innovation management, Partnership among Sectors, Regional Development, Sustainable Consumption and Production, Social Marketing
General topics on business and society are also welcome.
The Conference Schedule:
- September 9, 2015: Doctoral Workshop
- September 10-11, 2015 (2-days program): the 2015 International Joint Conference.
- Mr. Kobayashi, Yoshimitsu (President & Chief Executive Officer, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings)
- Dr. Welford, Richard (Chairman, CSR Asia)
- Academia, industry, government, Labor and Consumer Organizations, and NPO/NGOs
- Not only JFBS members but also non-members can participate in the conference
Timeline for Proposals (for both the conference and the Doctoral Workshop):
- Deadline for Proposal Submission*: May 31, 2015
- Result Notification: June 30, 2015
*An A4-size sheet (approximately 600 words) proposal with the theme and 3 keywords
Call for Papers
Those who submit a successful proposal will be invited to submit a full paper to the following journals after the conference:
- JFBS Annual Book: Japan Forum of Business and Society 5 (Chikura Publishing)
- Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society (Emerald Group Publishing)
- The theme of the 2015 annual conference "Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation" is featured in the Special Issue of Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society.
- Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility (JCSR) (Springer Publishing Company)
Program Committee Members:
- Amemiya, Hiroshi (Representative, Corporate Citizenship Japan, Japan)
- Barter, Nick (Senior Lecturer, Griffith University, Australia)
- Debroux, Philippe (Professor, Soka University, Japan)
- Omuro, Nobuyoshi (Assistant Professor, Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan)
- Schwalbach, Joachim (Professor, Humboldt-University of Berlin, Germany)
- Tanimoto, Kanji (Professor, Waseda University, Japan)
- Welford, Richard (Chairman, CSR Asia, Hong Kong)
For questions regarding the conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015 International Joint Conference will provide an opportunity for renewed thinking of the emerging and evolving relationship between Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation. For more information, please visit JFBS’s website.
JCSR encourages submissions from Ph. D students for the Doctoral Workshop. For more information for the Doctoral Workshop, click here.